Regular Membership Benefits
Owners in San Francisco are faced with many challenges in the rental industry. SFAA can save you time and money by helping you promote, enhance, and protect your investment. For the cost of a single hour of a landlord attorney's time, SFAA will provide you with the tools and information you need to succeed, including:
- Operational Advice-Receive access to our one-on-one counseling services Monday through Friday that address your questions related to rent control or market rate buildings.
- FREE Rental Forms-FREE online access to State and industry-approved forms from the California Apartment Association.
- SFAA Residential Tenancy Agreement-One-time FREE hard copy of the current Tenancy Agreement upon joining, updated annually by a panel of top SF landlord attorneys (online lease available for an additional fee for regular and management company members).
- Advocacy for landlord rights on a local and state level-SFAA is dedicated to keeping our members informed about new and proposed laws in San Francisco while fighting to protect the rights of rental property owners. San Francisco land use policy changes so often, it is nearly impossible for property owners to keep abreast of the new laws. SFAA tracks new legislative activity and translates it into understandable and concise language.
- Tenant Screening – Intellirent
Intellirent is an automated rental marketing and tenant screening tool offered 100% free to landlords, agents and property managers. Intellirent, offers a free account to members. You will instantly have the ability to market your apartment listings across every major internet listing service. Our online tenant screening tool collects every piece of information needed to make an informed application decision.
- Seminars-Stay up to date on the forever changing housing issues through educational seminars. SFAA offers a wide range of classes that address all aspects of the rental housing industry. Learn first-hand from industry professionals, who will give you the knowledge you need to understand and perform the day to day tasks of property management.
- Publication of the SF Apartment Magazine – Free monthly subscription-SFAA’s monthly publication is the premier publication in SF that delivers the latest and most vital information on issues that affect SF Rental Housing Community. SF Apartment Magazine prides itself on giving apartment owners the information needed to navigate the legal and political minefields in this tenant-friendly city.
- Professional Services Directory– our directory of member products and services. Considered to be the
“Yellow Pages” of the rental housing industry in SF. The Professional Services
Directory is a resource guide of vendors that includes a full listing of SFAA
- Electronic Publications-Stay up to date with our email blasts, covering SFAA courses, critical legislative issues and monthly meetings. We’ll keep you informed about the latest news in the rental community.